Autumn is finally here after we’ve had some lovely sunny days in September. So I thought we need some things to look forward to, to cheer us up, especially with days getting shorter and the clocks going back at the end of the month – wah! And you know how I am all about promoting my local area of Slough (it’s not that bad!), I’ve compiled a list of family-friendly things to do in Slough this Autumn/Winter. If you’re living in Berkshire, or in the area visiting Legoland or Windsor, check out this list 🙂
1) Apple Day at Home Cottage Farm in Iver Heath on Saturday 17th October, 11am – 4pm. There’ll be stalls for local charities, producers and traders – from toffee apples and pumpkins to bric-a-brac and crafts. Lots of children’s activities and events – apple pressing, Punch & Judy Show, ferret racing, pony-riding and craft-making plus refreshment tents & a BBQ. Entry will be £1 per adult & £3 parking. Children go free
2) Do a Halloween Trail at Burnham Beeches between Sat 24th Oct – Sun 1st Nov. Pick up a trail leaflet from the Information Point and head out on a self-guided Halloween walk around the sensory trail. Bring a pen or pencil!
3) Visit the Duckpond Market at Black Park on Sunday 25th October and on Sunday 29th November, 10am – 4pm. There’ll be stalls selling locally made arts & crafts, gifts, vintage, homewares and clothing, sold by local artists, crafters, food producers and ethical businesses.
4) Halloween Crafts at Activus Slough inside the QueensmereObservatory Shopping Centre, Monday 25th – Friday 30th October.
5) One for Dr Who fans – Meet a Dalek and see the Tardis at Absolute Ten Pin in Slough, Tuesday 27th October 12pm – 6pm and raise funds for the local 3rd Upton Scout Group.
6) Do a Nature Trail at Herschel Park on Wednesday 28th October, 2pm – 3.30pm. Join Trevor Smith on a nature trail to examine clues left by wildlife and uncover some mysteries of nature on our guided walk around Herschel Park.
7) Join in the Gruffalo Party at Slough Library on Wednesday 28th October from 11.30am – 1pm
8) Bonfire & Fireworks Spectacular at Upton Court Park on Saturday 7th November. Gates open at 5.30pm, food and funfair from 5.30pm, fireworks from 7.45pm and bonfire burning from 8.15pm. Entry is £7 for adults and £5 for children, but you get a discount if you book in advance online.
9) Do a Reindeer Trail or go on a Christmas Carriage Ride for £3 per person at Black Park on Sun 29th Nov, Sat 5th Dec and Sun 6th Dec 10am – 3pm. Pick up a trail guide from Santa’s Grotto and find the reindeer hidden in the park.
10) Come to the Grand Opening of The Curve, the new learning and cultural centre in Slough. It will be mid-December but I’ll confirm dates nearer the time.
See, lots to look forward to! What are your plans this Autumn/Winter?