With just 2 weeks to go until the due date, I’ve done a massive Boots shop for all the mummy and baby essentials that I could think of.
WHAT I BOUGHT:
– Stretch Mark Oil
– Maternity Pads
– Breast Pads
– Lanisoh (I trust only this brand, as it’s 100% lanolin)
– Body Lotion
– Face Cream
– Gripe Water
– Snuffle Babes Vapour Rub
– Saline nasal spray
– Nasal Aspirator
– Nasal Decongester
– Dentinox teething gel
– Johnsons ‘first touch’ baby lotion, shampoo and wash (they are on clearance at 63p!)
I got lots of cold stuff because Tyler got a cold when he was one day old and we had a panic as we had nothing to soothe him! He had a bogey up his nose but his nostrils were so tiny that a cotton bud was bigger than his nostril. Ganesh used a Bic pen lid to get it out! What I now have at home is the Calpol Vapour Plug which was a lifesaver, really helped him breathe through a cold.
For the hospital:
From Tesco we got food and drink supplies for labour and after the baby is born – basically sugary drinks for energy and quick snacks as there’s no time to eat!
– Ribena with a straw (the straw was essential as I made G give my sips when I was in labour with Tyler!)
– Nutrigrain bars
I also got:
– Black pants (don’t want to ruin my nice pants!)
– Tea Tree Oil (a few drops on panty liners after birth soothes if you have stitches)
I ordered past-season Mothercare Sleep Bras from eBay (new ones), as they are the ones I wore first time round, so so comfy. I wish I had bought them at the beginning of my pregnancy – duh me!
THINGS I HAVE GOT OUT OF STORAGE:
I kept practically everything from when Tyler was a baby at my parent’s house. So it was lovely to finally get everything out and ready again.
- Space-saver cot and Fisher-Price Rainforest Mobile
- Cosatto Changing Table – look at all that storage space 🙂
Pampers nappies we got on BOGOF at Tesco last month and Simple Wipes – 4 packs for £3.99 at Savers.
- Bumper cushion things to go on sides of baby when she sleeps.
- Mothercare Baby Bouncer
- Mothercare Safari Playmat (just need to stick it in the wash first)
- Baby Toys and Rattles
- Blankets, muslin squares and sheets (some Tyler’s, some new) – all washed and clean
- This boppy pillow that my friend has kindly lent me
We also got the infant car seat out of storage, it’s a Cybex one that clips on to our Mamas and Papas Luna pushchair.
I bought a cutey owl hooded baby towel from TK Maxx today and am going to get another soft one that I saw in Boots. I’ve washed all the baby clothes – vests, gros, socks, scratch mittens, hats, dresses.
So I think we’re pretty much ready. I think! Now I must pack that hospital bag – that is definitely what I’m doing next! Is that everything? Have I forgotten anything?