Well, apart from Tyler’s birthday party being THE event of May ;-), there are some other things to do with the kids this month. And of course it’s half term and there’s a bank holiday in the last week – woohoo! Here are 5 things to do around Slough in May:
1)Voluntary Arts Festival – Saturday 13 May and Sunday 14 May – 11am – 4pm
Herschel Street (just off Starbucks end of High Street)
Take part in free and fun activities suitable for all the family – music, photography, mendhi hands, craft, poetry and more.
2) Slough DogsBody Fun Dog Show & Family Fun Day – Sat 13th May, 12 – 5pm – Britwell Parish Community Centre,, Long Furlong Dr, Slough SL2 2PH
Indoor and outdoor games for all the family, an informal dog show, craft stalls, games and refreshments.
3) May Movie Magic Weekend – Queensmere Observatory Shopping Centre
– Saturday 27th May – 11 am – 4pm : Petting zoo on site featuring pigs and other farm animals inspired by Heffley’s new pet pig in the new Diary of a Wimpy Kid film. Plus decorate your own diary at a craft workshop
– Sunday 28th May – 11 am – 4pm : Climb aboard a giant pirate ship as well as making your very own pirate hat and treasure map in craft workshops.
4) Copas ‘Pick your own’ Farm on Billet Lane in Iver should be open at the end of May with some asparagus to pick. It’s always good fun picking vegetables with the kids.
5) Country Park Family Walk | When it’s sunny, go for a family walk in one of the nearby country parks – Black Park, Langley Park, Burnham Beeches. And if you have a little baby and fancy meeting some other mums, why not join the May Half Term Sling Meet and Family Walk at Burnham Beeches on 31st May, 10am – 12pm. You can bring a buggy or borrow a sling, and older siblings are welcome too.
So there are five local ideas for May. If you know of anything else to do in the area this month, do let us know in the comments.