The good thing about October for those of us with school kids is that it’s half term in the last week – whoop whoop! There’s always lots of activities in Slough at this time of year, and this month there is even more as our library The Curve is celebrating it’s one year birthday, even thought technically its birthday was last month.
This place has been a big part of my first year with Lily, a place to meet other mums and make new friends, a place to let Lily explore – at first just lying down, then sitting up, then crawling and now walking around the library like she owns the place. I can’t believe The Curve is only one year old as I can’t imagine life without this place to hang out in.
To celebrate it’s birthday, The Curve is running loads of Lego activities (it is handy having their head office in town :D) Here are some dates for your diary:
1) Lego Build the Change -Monday 23rd and Tuesday 24th October – 9-30am, 11am, 12.30pm, 2pm
For children ages 6+, they can build something from hundreds of lego bricks that they think will make Slough a friendlier and more creative place. This is FREE at The Curve and there are one hour slots, but you need to book it here.
2) MEET PAW PATROL! – Skye and Marshall and coming to the library and there is a Paw Patrol Story Time – FREE – Monday 23rd, 2pm – 3pm.
3) Halloween Craft – FREE – Wednesday 25th 4pm – 5pm and Saturday 28th 11.30am – 1pm
4) Animate My Lego – Children can build a story out of lego in the library and they will help digitally animate it – Friday 27th, 10am – 12pm – £3, book your ticket here.
5) CSI Workshops – Children aged 5+ can dress up as a CSI agent and solve a crime in the library – Friday 27th, drop-in 10am – 4pm – £4, book your ticket here.
6) Lego Masters – FREE – More time to make Lego creations – Saturday 28th, 11am – 3pm
7) Aladdin Story and Craft – FREE – Saturday 28th 3pm – 4pm
All of the above activities are happening at The Curve in Slough town centre.
Other activities in other areas of the town include:
8) Family Fun Day at Herschel Park – Tuesday 24th 11am – 3pm – FREE
Join Basil and Crew in the park and meet the ponies, lambs, chickens, goats, donkeys, rabbits and more.
9) Toadstool Hunt at Herschel Park – Saturday 28th 2pm – 4pm FREE
A simple introduction to the life of toadstools and some guidance to help identify common ones before we go out to find fungi growing in the park.
10) Spider Spectacular at the Queensmere Observatory Shopping Centre – Saturday 28th – FREE
Queensmere Observatory will be transforming into a spooky, spider-ific sensation with the arrival of a GIANT inflatable spider! There will be two face-painting stations for children who will get a FREE spooky makeover! Not only this, children will be able to climb inside the belly of the arnchid where they will be able to decorate their very own cupcake and turn it into a spider for FREE.
11) October Mega Skate at Silver Blades – Intense Learn to Skate skating during half term October 23rd – 27th
12) Pumpkin Trail at Black Park – 23rd – 27th, 10am – 3pm FREE
Simply pick up your map from the Information Point to follow the self-led trail, answer the quiz sheet and earn yourself a little treat! Cost: £3 per map.
So those are some local children’s activities in town this October, hope you found that useful. Have you made any plans for October half term?