I was tagged a couple of weeks ago by Donna from What the RedHead Said to do my Happy Non-Negotiables list. It was started by Pouting in Heels blogger Kate, who wrote the original post.
Basically it’s a list of things you will not give up, things that you will not wait to do ‘one day’, things that make you happy. So here’s my list:
- Chick-lit books from the library and reading a bit everyday. This is something I’ve never given up on. Whichever town I’ve moved to, the first thing I’d do is join the library so I could get my books. Then Tyler was born and I admit it took a lot longer to read a book, I had to resort to reading out loud to him as a newborn so he could hear my voice. Now he’s so used to me reading, he happily plays alongside me.
- Keeping my home stylish. People always said once I have a child, my home would become a playroom full of toys. Well it has, but with stylish storage so it still looks like my home!
- Sleep – I never give up on sleep. Except for the first 3 months of Tyler’s life. But yes I can sleep anywhere, I have early nights, lie ins where I just let Tyler play in the room while I sleep a bit more, and I would rather give up TV or write my blog posts another day than give up my sleep!
- Seeing my friends – it may not be often, but seeing them makes me happy and the train journeys make Tyler happy, so I’ll not give up on making time to see my friends.
- Shopping (ie ME time) – I love shopping and hunting for bargains. It was easy when Tyler was in the pushchair as I’d time it with his naps. But when he walks with me, shopping is a stress as he’s always runs off. Now I go on my own on Saturday mornings between 9-10am before my husband goes to football so he can watch Tyler. I love that hour of relaxing shopping and it’s always quiet on the high street then too – bonus!
- Sewing/Knitting – a hobby that I WILL make time for, especially now I have a sewing machine. I love shopping for fabrics and buttons and ribbons, but always put off actually making something. Not any more!
And that’s it. Quite a simple list, but that’s what makes me happy 😀 (And obviously family makes me happy – my husband, my boy, my parents and my siblings – that doesn’t need saying, they’ve always come first!)
Now I’m tagging Elaine and Dawn – go on, tell us what your happiness non-negotiables are!
this is such a great idea for a series. I am with you on the sleep thing – I nap as much as I can and can sleep pretty much anywhere haha x
It’s nice to think about ourselves for once! Glad it’s not just me that can sleep anywhere! Xx
Great post. I would love to learn to knit! I really need to get other hobbies other than blogging and making the time for them too
Ahh you should try it, I always knit while I’m watching telly, it’s quite satisfying! Xx
Love this! What a great post.. I struggle to think about mine really!! Coffee, my kindle, my phone and of course my friends and family… oh and food. Lots of food. H x
Hehe I like your list – I’ll never give up food! Xx
I’d like to make more time for sewing and that sort of thing as well. I used to really enjoy it 🙂
Aw I know it’s hard to make time, for me it’s like once every 2 weeks I do a bit of knitting or sewing – you’ve got to be in the mood too! Xx
LikeLiked by 1 person
Great list. I keep saying I need to make more time for sewing now that I have a sewing machine and to try and learn how to crochet.
It’s definitely one of those things easy to put off, you really have to be in the mood! Xx
Such a lovely series. I have no idea what I would write if I took part! Which is kinda worrying! Ha xx
Ahh I’m sure you’d find something you wouldn’t give up! Maybe it’s designing clothes for you! Xx
Ah this is a lovely idea and you have some great things on your list. I love reading but I never find/make the time for it these days and it’s something i really miss! xo
Aw you should get into it again, I love getting lost in a story! X
LikeLiked by 1 person
Pingback: HAVE YOU CREATED YOUR NON-NEGOTIABLE LIST YET? - Pouting In Heels·