Basically it’s a list of things you will not give up, things that you will not wait to do ‘one day’, things that make you happy. So here’s my list:
- Chick-lit books from the library and reading a bit everyday. This is something I’ve never given up on. Whichever town I’ve moved to, the first thing I’d do is join the library so I could get my books. Then Tyler was born and I admit it took a lot longer to read a book, I had to resort to reading out loud to him as a newborn so he could hear my voice. Now he’s so used to me reading, he happily plays alongside me.
- Keeping my home stylish. People always said once I have a child, my home would become a playroom full of toys. Well it has, but with stylish storage so it still looks like my home!
- Sleep – I never give up on sleep. Except for the first 3 months of Tyler’s life. But yes I can sleep anywhere, I have early nights, lie ins where I just let Tyler play in the room while I sleep a bit more, and I would rather give up TV or write my blog posts another day than give up my sleep!
- Seeing my friends – it may not be often, but seeing them makes me happy and the train journeys make Tyler happy, so I’ll not give up on making time to see my friends.
- Shopping (ie ME time) – I love shopping and hunting for bargains. It was easy when Tyler was in the pushchair as I’d time it with his naps. But when he walks with me, shopping is a stress as he’s always runs off. Now I go on my own on Saturday mornings between 9-10am before my husband goes to football so he can watch Tyler. I love that hour of relaxing shopping and it’s always quiet on the high street then too – bonus!
- Sewing/Knitting – a hobby that I WILL make time for, especially now I have a sewing machine. I love shopping for fabrics and buttons and ribbons, but always put off actually making something. Not any more!
And that’s it. Quite a simple list, but that’s what makes me happy 😀 (And obviously family makes me happy – my husband, my boy, my parents and my siblings – that doesn’t need saying, they’ve always come first!)