Every year, I like to buy new bedsheets ready to put on our bed on New Years Day. There’s something about washing the old year away and starting the new year with clean sheets and a fresh new look. It’s something I’ve been doing ever since we got married, my own little tradition!
This year I’ve been having a look online to see what’s out there. I’m feeling for a pastel look as I feel the bedroom should be a calming, relaxing place, with pops of colour from accessories such as cushions. Here are my Top 10 Bedroom Picks for the New Year:
1. Pastel Double Duvet Set – H&M, £29.99
2. Magnificent Cushion – Tesco, £4
3. Ben de Lisi Home Aqua diamond ‘Your Side My Side’ bedding set -Debenhams, from £40 – £70 according to size
4. Stripey Fitted Sheet – H&M, £9.99 – £14.99
5. Neo Eyelet Curtains in Grey/Red – The Yorkshire Linen Co, from £21.99 – £59.99 according to size
6. Earle Curtain Tie Back in Duck Egg – The Yorkshire Linen Co, £4.99 each
7. Utah Duck Egg Pencil Pleat Curtains – The Yorkshire Linen Co, from £19.99 – £59.99 according to size
8. Cotton Rich Oversized Geo Bed Set – Next, from £25 – £55 according to size
9. Hello Sunshine Cushion – Tesco, £8
10. Ben de Lisi Grey Broken Geometric Cushion – Debenhams, £28
I’ve found 2 pastel duvet covers I like in light blue/green, that would look good with a bright cushion. I really love patterned fitted sheets – for that little surprise when you lift up your duvet cover. Neutral colours such as grey and white in this H&M stripey sheet are ideal.
I would normally say to go with neutral curtains so you can change your bedding’s theme easily, but I found this bold patterned pair from Yorkshire Linen that I love. I think it would really brighten up the bedroom, and grey and red matches most of my duvet covers anyway. Or I would go with grey neutral curtains, jazzed up with beaded tie-backs.
My fave trend from 2015 was the geometric trend, so I hope it’s not going to disappear in 2016! Next do this ‘oversized’ geometric pattern, which would look cool with bright coloured cushions too.
Hopefully these will be in the sales. I’ll be bedroom shopping this week anyway, and I’ll let you know what I go for on New Years Day!
Do you have any traditions you do on New Years Day? Are you getting a new look for your bedroom? I’d love to hear.
This is a collaborative post