I had been looking forward to using my Easter cutters that I’d bought from One Below. And so I made these Easter mini egg biscuits, using my simple biscuit recipe from the Bad Tempered Ladybird biscuits. I simply added to the dough a pack of chocolate mini eggs that I crushed with my rolling pin!
- 100g unsalted butter
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 275 g plain flour
- Pack of chocolate mini eggs
- Decorations of choice – eg icing pens, sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 190°C/ 170°C Fan / Gas Mark 5
- Line two baking trays with greaseproof paper
- Cream butter + sugar together
- Beat in egg + vanilla
- Stir in flour until and knead until it becomes dough
- Add crushed mini eggs to dough
- Dust your surface with flour and roll dough to 1cm thick
- Cut shapes
- Bake for 8-10 minutes (until pale golden brown)
- Decorate as you like
It is that simple. They tasted so good too, the mini eggs added extra sweetness. And the exciting part, when you break the biscuits, you can see the mini eggs inside!
Do give these a go, they are really easy to make. If you don’t have cutters, you can make circular shapes with a jam jar or a cup.
Share your photos if you make these. If you’re on Instagram, tag me in your stories (@themummystylist), I would love to see your creations.