The ultimate guide to February Half Term 2022 around Slough and Windsor, and a bit further out in Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire and London.
Half term is a bit split this year as some children are off next week, and others the week after. But I’ve included events across both weeks – you’ll find free events, shows, days out and I’ve even included a section for our mini transport enthusiasts. I hope this helps you plan your half term if you are looking for things to do – remember to TAG me on socials if you were inspired by anything on this guide 😀
Free February Half Term Events
• Saturday 12th February, 11am – 4pm: Queensmere Shopping Centre, Slough – Free Valentines Crafting with Art Classes Group. Meet Harmony the Heart mascot too.
• Saturday 12th February, 11am – 3pm: The Entertainer at Two Rivers Shopping Centre, Staines – Free Valentines crafting in store.
• Sunday 13th, 20th and 27th February 2.30pm – 5pm: Eton College Museums, Eton – Free to enter and trails available
• Sunday 13th February 3.30pm – 6pm: Leo’s Circus Open Day – Free Workshops for age 14+ at Singh Sabha Sports Centre, Slough. Book here.
• Monday 14th February 2pm: Treasures at Manor Farm, Ruislip – Treasure Hunt and Farm Trail. Free, email: firstname.lastname@example.org to book
• Monday 14 February, 11am to 4pm: Meet the Gruffalo and a Treasure Trail/ Craft – Joel Street, Northwood Hills, HA6 1NZ
• Tuesday 15th to Thursday 17th February: The Chimes Shopping Centre, Uxbridge – The Cove Pirate Event. Free but you must book a slot here.
• Tuesday 15 February, 11am to 4pm: Meet the Gruffalo and a Treasure Trail/ Craft – Belmore Parade, Uxbridge Road, Hayes, UB4 0RY
• Wednesday 16th February 11am – 4pm: Meet the Gruffalo and a Treasure Trail/ Craft – North Hillingdon Family Fun Day, Long Lane (near Coop)
• Saturday 19 February, 11am to 4pm: Meet the Gruffalo and a Treasure Trail/ Craft – High Street, Harlington, UB3 5DS
• Monday 21st to Sunday 27th February 11am – 4pm: Eden Shopping Centre, High Wycombe – Enchanted Workshops inspired by Disney’s Encanto, a different activity each day, plus take a selfie at the Enchanted Flower Wall.
• Tuesday 22nd February 10am – 12pm: Meet the Birds at Iver Heath Pavilion, Church Rd, Iver SL0 0PN
• Thursday 24th February 10am – 12pm: Meet the Farm Animals at Iver Heath Pavilion, Church Rd, Iver SL0 0PN
• Now until Sunday 27th February: Free Lights Festival at Battersea Power Station, London
February Half Term Shows
• Zog & The Flying Doctors Live: Thursday 10th – Friday 18th February at the Rose Theatre, Kingston from. Book here, from £15
• Superworm and Zog screenings: Friday 11th to Thursday 17th February at Vue Staines, £3.99
• Justin Live: Saturday 12th and Sunday 13th February at Wycombe Swan. Book here, From £19
• Tiger Who Came To Tea Live: Sunday 13th – Tuesday 15th February at the Beck Theatre, Hayes. Book here, £15.50 (Sunday is sold out but tickets are available for Monday and Tuesday).
• Random & Rocks Superhero Party and Show: Friday 18th February at Braywick Leisure Centre, Maidenhead. Book here, £9
• Schlomo’s Beatbox Adventure: Monday 21st February at Wycombe Swan. Book here, £13
• Elves & The Shoemaker Live: Tuesday 22nd and Wednesday 23rd February at Norden Farm, Maidenhead. Book here, from £10
• Encanto screenings: Wednesday 23rd and Thursday 24th February at Norden Farm, Maidenhead. Book here, from £7
• Dreamboats & Petticoats Live: Wednesday 23rd February to Saturday 5th March at Theatre Royal, Windsor. Book here, from £29 (2 for 1 in March with National Lottery ticket)
• Morgan & West Unbelievable Science Live: Saturday 26th February at Norden Farm, Maidenhead. Book here, from £10
• Day Time Disco 3-5pm and Friday Night Takeover at Jump In Slough during Half Term (w/c 21st February)
• Kids Craft Workshops at Hobbycraft stores: Paint a Canvas £5 – High Wycombe 12th Feb, Staines 14/15/17/18th Feb | Paint your Ceramics £2 – High Wycombe 22/25th Feb, Staines 22/24th Feb | Clay Monster £5 – High Wycombe 13th Feb, Staines 15/18th Feb. BOOK HERE
• Valentines Disco at Teddy’s Playtown, Slough – Saturday 12th February, £22.99 for soft play, arts & crafts, disco, buffet pizza meal and goody bag
• Science Discovery Centre at the Lookout Bracknell – open everyday, from £5.95 (under 4s free)
• Roller Disco at Braywick Leisure Centre, Maidenhead – Saturdays 12th, 19th and 26th February £5
• Sensory Story Theme at The Postal Museum, London – Saturday 12th to Sunday 20th February
• Nature Tots with Berkshire, Bucks & Oxfordshire Wildlife Trust at Woolley Firs Centre, Maidenhead – Monday 14th and Friday 19th February £7
• Pizza Making Classes & Parents Brunch at Fenwick, The Lexicon Bracknell – Monday 14th to Friday 18th February
• Soft Play at the Jelly Lounge, Windsor – Wednesdays to Sundays 16th – 20th/ 23rd – 27th February from £5
• Hidden Nature Family Fun at Iver Environment Centre, Friday 18th and Friday 25th February, from £6 (under 3s free)
• History of Video Games on tour at the Eden Shopping Centre, High Wycombe – enjoy over 100 retro games, Friday 18th to Sunday 27th February, from £9
• Bring on the Battle at Windsor Castle – Crafting, Family trails and Saturday workshops, 19th-21st, 24th-27th February, from £14.50 (under 5s free)
• Lamb Watch and Farm Trail at Odds Farm, Saturday 19th to Sunday 27th February, from £13.95 (under 2s free)
• Theatre History Tours at Theatre Royal Windsor, Thursday 24th and Saturday 26th February, £12
Train and Bus activities
• The Lexicon – Charity Express Land Train, Saturday 12th to Wednesday 16th February 10am – 5pm, £1 (no cash)
• Didcot Railway Centre Exhibition Days Saturday 12th and Sunday 13th February, Steam Days 19/20/23/26/27th February, from £8 (under 3s free)
• Tootbus Windsor Open Top Bus Tours – Weekends 12/13, 19/20, 20/27 February, 10am – 4pm, from £6.80 (under 5s free)
• Bekonscot Model Village open from Saturday 12th February, 10am – 5.30pm (last admission 4pm) from £7.50 (under 2s free)
• Windsor Duck Tours Saturday 12th – Sunday 20th, Thursday 24th – Sunday 27th February 12pm – 4pm, from £15 (under 2s free)
• Watford Miniature Railway, Cassiobury Park, Saturday 12th – Sunday 20th February, 12pm – 4pm, £2 (under 2s free)
• Ruislip Lido Railway Saturday 12th – Sunday 20th, Saturday 26th and Sunday 27th February, 12.20pm – 4.40pm, from £1.50 (under 3s free)
• London Transport Museum, Caribbean Heritage Event, Saturday 12th – Sunday 20th February, 10am – 6pm, FREE for children and teens aged under 17, adults from £13.50 for an annual pass
• Buckinghamshire Railway Centre, Storytime at the Railway with bookswap, dress-up, steam train rides and miniature railway – Wednesday 23rd February. Steaming Days on Sunday 20th, Wednesday 23rd and Sunday 27th February. Static Days (no train rides) on Monday 21st and Tuesday 22nd February, 10.30am-5pm, from £8 (under 3s free)
Have fun planning half term! If you do visit anywhere you found from here, please do tag me – @themummystylist – and feel free to share this guide with your family and friends.