This week I have my 21 week scan, when I’m hoping to find out the gender of baby no. 2! Obviously, I don’t mind what I have, but I just want to be able to buy baby clothes hee hee. Before we find out, I thought it would be fun to do those gender prediction tests. Not to be taken seriously, they come from old wives tales, but it’s fun to see the results.
I found these tests from NetMums, and tried them out. Here they are if you’re pregnant and want to have a go too!
- Did you have morning sickness in the first trimester? If so, this indicates you are carrying a girl. Me – No = Boy
- The ring test. Tie a piece of string to a ring and hold it above your bump. If it swings side to side, it’s a boy. If it swings in a circle, it’s a girl. Me – I tied my wedding ring and lay down to test it. The ring swung in a circle = Girl
- Show someone your hands. When someone asks you to show them your hands, do you show them palms up or palms down? Palms up means a girl, palms down means a boy. Me – Palms up = Girl
- Are your hands dry? Dry hands indicate a boy, soft hands indicate a girl. Me – Dry hands = Boy
- Pick up a key. If you pick up the top part, you’re having a boy. If you pick up the narrow part, it’s a girl. Me – Top part = Boy
- Are you craving sweet or savoury food? Sweet means a girl, salty and savoury means a boy. Me – Savoury = Boy
- Chinese Gender Chart. Use this chart from NetMums to work out if you are having a girl or boy using your age at conception and the month of conception. Me – 36/Oct = Girl
- Is your bump an energetic one? An energetic baby in the womb indicates a boy, a chilled out one indicates a girl. Me – Energetic = Boy
- How is your hair and skin looking? Glossy hair and rosy skin indicates a boy, dull hair and spots indicate a girl (because the girl is stealing her mother’s beauty haha) Me – my hair is thicker and glossier than usual, and I don’t have spots = Boy
- Do you eat the heel of a loaf of bread? If you do, this indicates a boy. If you don’t this indicates a girl. Me – I hate the heel end! – Boy
- Are your legs hairier than usual? If the hair on your legs is growing faster than usual, this indicates a boy. If it’s the same, you’re carrying a girl. Me – Same – Girl
My results have come out as follows:
Boy – 7
Girl – 4
So 2 more for boy!
Let’s see what my actual scan tells us! I’ll let you know…