If you haven’t done all your Christmas shopping yet, fear not, there is still time! The tricky bit that takes time is actually choosing the gift. So if you are stuck for ideas, I have put together a list of gift ideas for the whole family (well, except teens because I have no experience with them – sorry!).
1) I know I have a child who is extra crazy about trains, but ALL children like wooden train sets. I have yet to meet a child who doesn’t. There are lots to choose from, the big brands like Brio and BigJigs as well as shop own-brands, but howabout this City Of London one – how cool!
2) Still on the theme of trains but one for the older kids is this Lego Harry Potter Hogwarts Express Train Set – I’m not even a Harry Potter fan and I love the look of this one.
3) I think everyone is upping their photography game and our children are picking up on it. If they are anything like Tyler, they are snapping way on your photo. So why not get a cheap digital camera of their own. This Polaroid Compact Camera has lots of reviews saying it was bought for their son/daughter.
4) I know, I know, another train set. But this is a Lego Duplo Steam Train Set suitable for toddlers, and at our local library’s Duplo session, this train set is the most popular amongst the tots so it would be a cool gift to give.
5) Another toy that I’ve noticed is popular at playgroup is the pirate ship – all the kids fight over it! This is the newest one, it’s the Toot Toot Pirate Ship . The one at playgroup is an ELC Happyland one, in fact anything from the Happyland range is popular with toddlers.
6) The Peppa Pig Air Jet – Lily actually says “I want this for Christmas!” so the mother-in-law said she’d get it. All Peppa Pig toys are cute, the house, the boat, campervan, soft toys – there is a lot to choose from, and what toddler doesn’t love Peppa Pig?!
7) So as I am clueless as to what men like, I asked the other half, if there was no budget, what present would you choose. So he came up with Wireless In-Ear Headphones like these Bose Soundsport ones.
8) And he also came up with a Luxury Leather Wallet like this Aspinal of London Trifold Wallet in Deep Shine Amazon Brown Croc
9) Now I’m sure you’ve seen those Giant Chunky Knit Blankets on Instagram, the ones you knit with giant needles. They look so snug and warm, and so cool in photos! Well you could gift one that has already been knitted and there are lots on Etsy- you’d need a 2kg minimum one to be the proper size.
10) Being healthy is good right? And us mums do a lot of walking on the school run, so a fitness tracker would be a nice gift. Counting all those steps we do anyway would make us feel good! The latest Fitbit one is the Fitbit Charge 3 and it’s in a gorgeous grey and rose gold.
11) Giving a joint present is a nice way give your friends and family an experience, like a spa day or a thrill-seeking day. Howabout vouchers for Go Ape? It can be for a couple or for the whole family as there are kids’ activities too.
Go Ape are firm believers that outdoor experiences make people happy. Whether it’s zipping through the tree tops, whizzing along the forest floor, or bouncing on our super springy bounce nets – at Go Ape there’s an adventure for everyone. With 33 locations to choose from in the UK, your loved ones are in for one memorable experience. Vouchers are from just £10.
12) COFFEE! We know all parents survive on coffee, so why not gift a proper coffee machine? There are lots out there and it can be confusing, but the other half narrowed it down to this De’Longhi Nespresso Lattissima One Pod EN500BW – it looks sleek, makes lattes and it’s half price.
13) How nice would it be to make bread at home – can you imagine the scent of fresh bread in the morning?! We have asked our family to give us a joint present of the Panasonic SD-ZB2502BXC Breadmaker – it’s a quiet one (some breadmakers are really noisy), you can make different flavours, add raisins, olives etc, and you can also make jam in this machine!
So there are 13 Christmas Gift Ideas – I hope that helps you if you are stuck. And if you have any other cool ideas for gifts, let us know in the comments.
Disclosure: We were gifted Go Ape vouchers for the purpose of this post. All words and opinions are my own and there are no affiliate links included.