The time has come where my clothes are getting tight. I’m halfway through my pregnancy now, so no surprise there! I had saved my maternity clothes from when I was pregnant with Tyler, but to be honest, I want more pretty dresses to wear. I’ve got the essentials from last time – maternity leggings and tops to wear underneath, so I just need some dresses to wear for the next 4 months.
I went shopping with my siblings at the weekend, and this is when I realised most high street stores don’t stock maternity clothes instore – so I’d have to look online! I’ve had a browse, and here’s what I’ve whittled my wishlist down to:
- Green Polka Dot Maternity Tea Dress – Bon Prix – £29.99
- Red Maternity Kimono Sleeve Floral Skater Dress – ASOS – £25
- Envie de Fraises Kristen Black Maternity Dress – Mothercare – £34
- Maternity Blue Floral Print Wrap Front Dress – New Look – £14.99
- Maternity Retro Floral Dress – TopShop – £49
- Navy butterfly pleated maternity dress – Red Herring, Debenhams – £29.50
- Navy Spot Maternity Dress – JoJo Maman Bebe – £39
- Maternity Pastel Blue Dotty Dress – Bon Prix – £24.99
As you can see, I’m into above-the-knee swishy, floral or polka dot dresses that I would wear with leggings. I like a bit of colour too, although the black Mothercare dress would be a nice work outfit.
The only thing is that the models wearing the dresses are rather slim, so these dresses may look different on an actual pregnant lady. I don’t know what size to order, and the option of just trying it on is not so easy when shopping online, ugh. Plus I don’t want to spend too much on something I won’t wear again after June. So for now I’m making do with what I’ve got, and asking friends who’ve had babies if they can lend me any maternity clothes that they’ve kept.
It’s nice to look though, a bit a retail therapy eh! What do you think? Which is your favourite dress out of my wishlist?