Here are some ideas for family-friendly things to do in Slough and the surrounding area this Christmas break – get out for a festive family walk, go partying with the kids or even ride a vintage carousel.
Please note that some parking charges may apply and always check before you set off for an event as last minute changes may occur.
1) Go see the Sleeping Beauty Pantomine at Slough’s new theatre venue in the Curve. It’s showing now until December 28th. Tickets range from £12 to £48 and can be booked online here.
2) Go to a free Gruffalo Party at The Curve on Friday 30th December, 11am – 12pm. Places are limited, so do book a spot at the library.
3) Go to a Christmas Soft Play Party at Activus, Thursday 22nd December 4.30pm – 6.30pm, £6 per child.
4) Make a calendar at The Curve, Saturday 31st December 2pm – 3pm. The activity is free of charge.
5) Go on a Reindeer Trail at Black Park. This is until Friday 23rd December, 10am – 2pm. Please note, before you get your hopes up, there aren’t any actual reindeers here.
6) Visit Santa’s Grott0 at the Queensmere Observatory, outsite Primark, until Saturday 24th December. Entry is £3 and each child will receive a gift from Santa.
7) See a movie for free at the Pop Up Cinema at the Savill Garden, 10.30pm – 4pm until 31st December
8) Go to a Christmas Eve Trampolining Pyjama Party at Jump In, Saturday 24th December, 9am – 5pm.
9) Go Ice Skating at Windsor on Ice, running now until 2nd January 2017, there is festive family fun and attractions with real indoor and outdoor ice rink at Alexandra Gardens.
10) Go on a Woodlands Wonders Festive Trail at Burnham Beeches, now until 1st January. Free of charge, and bring a pencil.
11) Ride on a Vintage Carousel from 1903 at Windsor Great Park. At night the roundabout is illuminated with thousands of bulbs, with music provided by a magnificent mechanical organ. Daily until 2nd January, £2.
12) Go on a Pantomime Trail at Cliveden, Taplow. Dress up as your favourite panto character to make the most of the fun family activity. Kids can explore Cinderella’s kitchen, find Aladdin’s magic carpet in the cave of wonders’ and try spot the top of the beanstalk. Along the way there’s three stocking-filler presents. Now til’ 23rd December and then 26th December til’ 3rd January, 10am – 2.30pm. £5 per child.